2013 MLB Draft Profile: Sean Manaea
Already a well regarded prospect, Sean Manaea rose rapidly up draft boards with a stellar summer at the Cape. It is hard to argue with an 85-7 strikeout to walk rate in 51.2 innings, especially when he also allowed only 21 hits.
- Fastball 91-92, touches 96 with good arm side run. He commands the fastball well, but has had trouble holding his velocity.
- Secondary pitches are still developing
- Slider is inconsistent, but a good pitch when it is on
- Change is also developing
- Smooth, easy delivery
- Lower 3/4 arm slot
Indiana State head coach Rick Heller- “He was able to maintain his velocity and keep his pitch count down. I think he was only at 65 pitches in the sixth inning, even with all those strikeouts. He has such an easy arm delivery, then it comes out at 95-96. That’s what the pro guys look for, easy velocity. And I really think there’s more there.”
- 2012 Cape Cod League Outstanding Pro Prospect Award
- 2012 Cape Cod League Pitcher of the Year
- 2012 Cape Cod League All-Star
- 2012 All-MVC 2nd Team
- 2011 Prospect League All-Star
- 2011 Named the #1 Prospect in the Prospect League by Perfect Game
If any of this information is incorrect or you have additional information on this player, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org